Roberts Electric Service, Inc. - Your Metro San Diego Electricians - Electrician in San Diego Contact Card for Mobile Phones


Home Page

Contact Us

About Us

Service Area


Pictures :)

Helpful Info

License Check



News & Press Releases of Interest

The IRS and 1099 Requirements

Exemption for Corporations

General Instructions for
Certain Information Returns
(Forms 1097, 1098, 1099, 3921, 3922, 5498, and W-2G)

P. Payments to Corporations and Partnerships

Generally, payments to corporations are not reportable. See Regulations section 1.6049-4(c)(1)(ii). However, you must report payments to corporations for the following.

• Medical and health care payments (Form 1099-MISC)
• Withheld federal income tax or foreign tax,
• Barter exchange transactions (Form 1099-B),
• Substitute payments in lieu of dividends and tax-exempt interest (Form 1099-MISC),
• Acquisitions or abandonments of secured property (Form 1099-A),
• Cancellation of debt (Form 1099-C),
• Payments of attorneys’ fees and gross proceeds paid to attorneys (Form 1099-MISC),
• Fish purchases for cash (Form 1099-MISC),
• The credits for clean renewable energy bonds, Gulf tax credit bonds, and other qualified tax credit bonds treated as interest and reported on Form 1099-INT,
• Merchant card and third-party network payments (Form 1099-K), and
• Federal executive agency payments for services (Form 1099-MISC). For additional reporting requirements, see Rev. Rul. 2003-66 on page 1115 of Internal Revenue Bulletin 2003-26 at

Reporting generally is required for all payments to partnerships. For example, payments of $600 or more made in the course of your trade or business to an architectural firm that is a partnership are reportable on Form 1099-MISC.